Sump pumps are your ace in the hole against flooding damage in your basement, or even flooding damage against your foundation. If you live in an area where your yard floods, even if it’s a slight possibility, you need to be prepared.
Getting a sump pump in Hood River means protecting your home, and it comes with some excellent benefits. These are the main reasons you desperately need a sump pump as soon as possible.
Benefits of a Sump Pump
- Reduces the chance of mold growing in your basement. Mold growth begins in the range of 60% to 70% relative humidity (RH). While you may not have a perfect way to gauge the RH level in your basement, when it gets too high, you’ll notice breathing issues as mold grows, or spot the actual mold in the corners of the room.
- Protects finished basement baseboards from warping. Your finished basement was a big project, you love it, but what happens when mother nature starts undoing all that hard work? Humidity seeps in from the foundation, then it causes the baseboards to warp. Wood can only handle so much humidity before its shape changes.
- Prevents respiratory problems. If you hang out in the basement at all, or even just go down to do laundry, you’re breathing in the air in your basement. If there’s too much humidity, it can cause respiratory problems that display in immediate illness, or health problems that arise over time.
- Preserves your home’s foundation for as long as possible. Excess ground moisture builds up in the soil around your foundation, then it acts like a vice grip. Yeah, your foundation is made of concrete, but mother nature is stronger than that. Sump pumps help pull excess moisture away from the foundation, providing the best defense your basement has against the elements.
- Mitigates cooling costs. The higher the humidity, the harder it is for your AC to actually cool down the room. Even if your air conditioner has the ability to cool a humid area, it takes extra power, sometimes additional power cycles, and ultimately costs you money for no good reason.
It Could Be Beneficial for Your Homeowner’s Insurance
Sump pumps may be a requirement of your homeowner’s insurance, but if it isn’t, you might still be able to benefit from installing one anyway (apart from the obvious reasons, of course).
Some insurance companies offer discounts as you make sensible upgrades to your home that lower their liability as policy providers. This could result in a lower rate going forward, saving you money month to month for the foreseeable future.
Keep Your Home Dry
Prevent flooding damage, keep moisture out of your basement, and maybe save some money along the way. There’s one fact about installing a sump pump–nobody ever regrets it. Hindsight is 20-20, and you don’t want to look back and wish you’d installed a sump pump while standing in 20 inches of water in a finished basement.
Contact us today to schedule your sump pump installation and protect your home.