Skip to main content

«  View All Posts

Video - What is Carbon Monoxide?

November 25th, 2019 | 0 min read

By admin

Carbon monoxide is a poisonous, odorless, tasteless gas. It is formed by the incomplete combustion of carbon, or the incomplete burning of natural gas and other things that contain carbon. It can often be mixed with other gasses with odors. Carbon monoxide can result from the burning of any of these, gasoline, kerosene, oil, propane, coal, wood and other things. It is also a byproduct of an internal combustion engine.

The CDC estimates that 400 people per year die of carbon monoxide poisoning, 20,000 more visit the emergency room and 4,000 people are hospitalized.

Contact A&E Heating & Air today at 541-645-8188 about installing a Carbon Monoxide Detector today in your home or office.